Release notes - 126.96.36.199 for JIRA 6
JQL Function Performance
JQL functions concerned with issue link relationships, i.e.
linkedIssuesOfRecursiveLimited have been rewritten for even better performance.
Our load testing shows a performance increase of up to 5 times, although this depends on many factors.
You may not see this level of improvement when using the issue navigator, because of most of the time spent there is in JIRA doing permissions checks.
You are likely to see the biggest performance increase when searching a large number of issues, but retrieving few.
The new algorithm requires a full reindex before it can be fully used. To avoid disruption, until you do a full reindex the functions will continue working as before, but you won’t see the performance increase.
For best results, install this upgrade at a time you can immediately then do a full reindex.
Any issues are likely to be resolved by a full reindex.
If you want to do your own performance benchmarks, consider using
com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.SearchProvider.searchCountOverrideSecurity, which will give an accurate figure for comparison purposes.
JQL Functions in "expression"
You can now use any Date or User JQL functions in
expression, such as
Issues In Epics
New convenience function
issuesInEpics have been added, which are a bit simpler than
Potentially Breaking changes
linkedIssuesOf considered subtask and epics as linked issues. Now it doesn’t. You can use the new functions mentioned above for epics, or subtasksOf or parentsOf for finding children / parents.
Other fixes and improvements
- [SRJIRA-2042] - Change dashboard or filter ownership user pickers fail
- [SRJIRA-2047] - Send Custom Email fails when custom fields vales in the fields
- [SRJIRA-2048] - improve performance of numericCompare
- [SRJIRA-2049] - Script fragment web-item in navigation bar drop down does not trigger dialog or flag in JIRA 7.2+
- [SRJIRA-2055] - Event triggered from automation plugin causes custom email failure
- [SRJIRA-2059] - send custom email is order dependent due to the way custom field values are retrieved
- [SRJIRA-2044] - PF - Send custom email - provide the ability to set mail.setFrom and mail.setFromName
- [SRJIRA-2054] - Add event to binding in send custom email event listener condition
- [SRJIRA-2060] - Exclude watchers from custom email recipients