Release notes - 4.3.13 for JIRA 7
New JQL Functions
New version functions have been added to allow you to find issues by attributes of associated version objects, for instance release date, start date, and whether the version is overdue or not.
See the documentation.
We have also added some user functions to query by whether a user is inactive or not (see inactiveUsers), example:
assignee in inactiveUsers()
In addition, if you use user properties, you can query on those too (see jiraUserPropertyEquals):
assignee in jiraUserPropertyEquals("region", "AMER")
New Script Field Templates
If you use a script field to generate a duration there is now a matching template. This comes in two flavours - one taking into account working hours, and one representing an absolute difference between two dates/times.
See the example for calculating remaining work in linked issues.
Built-in Scripts Usability
Some of the built-in scripts have had unwieldy text boxes replaces with pickers. For example when using "Send Custom Email", you can much more easily select who the recipients will be.
- [SRPLAT-9] - REST Endpoints not entirely thread safe
- [SRPLAT-10] - Static type checker error resolving classes
- [SRJIRA-2056] - Sort custom fields that equate to numbers (such as durations) using number comparators, not string
- [SRJIRA-927] - earliestUnreleasedVersionByReleaseDate(<project key>) barfs
- [SRJIRA-1973] - Date Time Picker Scripted Field timezone inconsistency
- [SRJIRA-2022] - ChangeSharedEntityOwnership taking 10 minutes to execute due to cache clear
- [SRJIRA-2045] - no support for durations in script fields
- [SRJIRA-2083] - Escalation service User field empty
- [SRJIRA-2096] - Error in description for transition parent when all subtasks are resolved
- [SRJIRA-2098] - Inline script for custom scripted post-function not encoded properly
- [SRJIRA-1094] - Add Similar JQL Function versionafterdate as JQL Tricks
- [SRJIRA-2006] - Investigate the support of AbstractRemoteIssueLinkEvent events
- [SRJIRA-2072] - Minor UI Improvements