Release notes - 4.3.7 for JIRA 7
Script Plugins have been reworked, and now support including a special descriptor file, so that you can ship a script plugin which contains configured script fragments, rest endpoints, listeners etc.
In addition, we have reworked the documentation for setting up a development environment, and published some sample maven projects that should get you up and running with a development environment very quickly.
Send Custom Emails
The built-in Send Custom Email script has had a make over. We now make the email object available in the Condition and Configuration code section, which means you can dynamically modify recipients or the
Reply-to header, and add generated attachments.
You can also include the results of an arbitrary JQL query.
We now assemble the attachments when the mail queue is flushed, which should avoid the problem where sometimes attachments were missed when the post-function is on the Create transition.
Documentation of doAfterCreate
Both clone and link and create subtask support an Additional Code section to customise the issue that is being created. However this code runs before the issue is created in the database, which means you could not do things that require a database issue. We have now documented examples for the
doAfterCreate callback, which will allow you to for example:
create subtasks for the new issue
link it to other issues
linkedIssuesOfRemote JQL function
linkedIssuesOfRemote has been rewritten to allow search on remote link properties, for example, search on the link application name, query string, host etc.
Other fixes and improvements
- [SRJIRA-1965] - avoid base 64 encoding for certain arguments
- [SRJIRA-1991] - documentation for doAfterCreate
- [SRJIRA-2002] - ScriptRunner compatibility with JIRA 7.2
- [SRJIRA-2021] - JQL Function Names should be case insensitive
- [SRJIRA-74] - 500 page when adding behaviour with & character in the name
- [SRJIRA-615] - Evaluating the condition for Send Custom Email should be done async
- [SRJIRA-839] - broken link in doco
- [SRJIRA-857] - Add Behaviour using quotes in the Description gives an XML exception
- [SRJIRA-1909] - aggregate function should support script field types (depending on searcher)
- [SRJIRA-1924] - Documented JQL functions not accurate
- [SRJIRA-1925] - Cannot apply two different conditions to the same custom field inside one behaviour
- [SRJIRA-1955] - Behaviour conditions for reporter and assignee results in NoClassDefFoundError
- [SRJIRA-1977] - Escalation service user picker should allow picking by user name
- [SRJIRA-1981] - Copy project fails with error "isSubTask" is not a field of IssueType when copying links
- [SRJIRA-1987] - Script workflow function : Transition parent when all subtasks needs to be last
- [SRJIRA-1993] - Script Registry error when view a workflow - Simple Scripted Condition
- [SRJIRA-1995] - Copy multi-select custom field fails
- [SRJIRA-1997] - Behaviours cannot handle Users with special characters
- [SRJIRA-2004] - Fires an event script when an event to fire is not defined
- [SRJIRA-2005] - custom event listener not passing comment (if event comment related)
- [SRJIRA-2007] - Date of first transition expecting date rather than timestamp
- [SRJIRA-2015] - Select List conversion throws error for JIRA6
- [SRJIRA-2026] - Interaction of initialiser and setError does not prevent saving issue when field in error
- [SRJIRA-2028] - missing support for ProjectCategoryChangeEvent in script listeners
- [SRJIRA-2029] - Binding Variable 'event' preview throws error in send email listener
- [SRJIRA-2032] - testability for script plugins
- [SRJIRA-2035] - type checking for script contexts provided by plugins
- [SRJIRA-1103] - Email prefix in "from"
- [SRJIRA-1113] - NEW Attachments not working on Send custom email Workflow Post function
- [SRJIRA-1377] - Workflow built-in PostFunction "Send a custom mail" could be improved to include "From Issue Fields" for Reporter or Assignee
- [SRJIRA-1380] - Add alternative to "from" in send custom email listener
- [SRJIRA-1960] - Improve the JQL function linkedIssuesOfRemote() to support wildcards (or a prefixed filter)
- [SRJIRA-1961] - Make Scripted Validators, Conditions and Post Functions more readable
- [SRJIRA-1990] - redistributable script plugins
- [SRJIRA-1994] - Add Turkish translations for behaviours
- [SRJIRA-1952] - PS: Squarepoint - work remaining in higher ranked issues (SP-6)
- [SRJIRA-1970] - Update documentation on working with Tempo
- [SRJIRA-2031] - Abstract canned script class for scripts that want to maintain a list of configured items
- [SRJIRA-2030] - Review and update documentation on setting up a development env